Viewing four posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lorna

    Hi all!

    I am a PhD student working on my dissertation just I am because a career in the Foreign Service in one case I finish my degree. I take a couple questions.

    1. Does the Foreign Service allow alternative aesthetics? I have tattoos on my arms, blue pilus, and a lip and nose piercing. I'thousand happy to clothes professionally and put my hair back, just would prefer a career where I tin go on my piercings and hair and non have to embrace up my tattoos. Is this ever permitted? Would showing upwards to the oral assessment tastefully dressed only with these stylings result in certain rejection?

    2. If you pass the FSOT and/or oral assessment do y'all take to proceed with the rest of the procedure immediately? Or do y'all have a period of time later on passing in which you tin delay your application? I am wondering since I expect to graduate in about ii-3 years and I would like to go ahead and try to have the FSOT but wonder how long it would be valid if I didn't want to continue with the whole hiring process immediately.

    Thank you lot!

    Sometime FSS Candidate

    one. No i cares what you lot look like.
    2. Yes, after a successful OA, you keep immediately to the clearances phase, which tin can take months and months and total years from start to finish. Once you lot get on the annals, hiring still isn't imminent or fifty-fifty guaranteed.

    About people don't make it all the manner through to the register at the showtime shot, and yous can only apply once a year. Go ahead and showtime now to see what it's like. The FSOT is costless to take and, should yous pass it and make it past the QEP phase, you lot don't have to take the OA; no 1 volition hold it confronting you and you tin can only exercise it again once you're set up.

    Howdy, Lorna,
    Thanks for your message and your interest in serving with us. Regarding our selection process, no, personal appearance is not one of the 13 dimensions on which we base Foreign Service Officer assessments. Regarding deferrals of candidacies, nosotros offer that selection to active military and some overseas-based obligations, such as Peace Corps.
    As Former FSS Candidate notes, the length of time between the FSOT and a firm job offer is variable, dependent on security clearance processing and our budget and hiring needs, among other factors.

    We promise this data is helpful.
    Best regards.

    Ezekiel Dominicus Silas

    Please I need a social chore or a Nani or any kind of job in a mill please phone call me+2349031149035 am a Nigerian am 24 years old

Viewing 4 posts - i through 4 (of 4 total)